Stronghold is a PC strategy game which is set in England in the 11th Century and consists in building castles and fighting against your enemies.
It is a real-time strategy game which counts with different campaigns and game modes like the multiplayer mode for competing with your friends or other rivals, both human or IA.
The key of the game is to protect your territory against the rival by building more defenses for your fortress or combat your opponents in open field.
In Stronghold you can design and construct your own castle. If you feel attracted by this option, you must know that this game comes with multiple accessory elements such as walls, catapults, watchtowers or traps, among other defensive constructions.
Besides that, you will have to lead your army and train soldiers in order to defend your kingdom. In fact, every time you win a war you are compensate with spoils that you will be able to use to get supplies which help you to expand your territory.
Rule your game's kingdom
You will have to take care of yourself and the rest of your army in order to survive. In Stronghold you are responsible of your area’s prosperity and of the villagers economic situation. For that reason, you will have to collect enough resources, manage them carefully and cover the needs of the inhabitants.
The graphics of this game may be dated. Although the game counts with detailed scenarios and elaborated animations, it can be also true that, in terms of technology, its graphics have been surpassed by some of its competitors.
Alternatives to Stronghold
The first strategy video game lets you to choose between multiple historical characters such as King Arthur, Count Vlad Dracula or Siegfried of Germany.
The second one is set during the Crusades, in the Medieval Ages, and will enable you to manage an army of 10,000 soldiers.
Stronghold 1.4. Features
Stronghold includes the following features:
- Military campaign set in England
- As the King was kidnapped, four Lords have taken control and have split the land into four territories
- Players will play as a commander who has to finish with each one of the Lords
- Single mission combat and scenarios in which players need to fulfill several missions
- Siege mode in which you need to attack or defend some castles
- Free build mode in which you can create a castle with total freedom with no missions
- Built-in editor to create new maps as you want
- Several units with different skills
- Multiplayer mode
For further information, you can check the developer's website .
Stronghold is both a fun and easy to play game. It provides multiple options to build your own castle, combat your rivals and even the possibility of managing a local economy. Take the lead of your area and overcome your rivals fulfilling your missions.
- Varied gameplay
- Customizable: lots of different accessories
- Easy to play
- Graphics look outdated