Adobe Reader XI is software that allows you to reliably view, print and comment PDF documents. This widely trusted standard can be integrated with the majority of web browsers, and is able to interact with all PDF types, including multimedia or fillable forms. In fact, when it comes to forms, Adobe Reader XI makes it possible to quickly fill out or digitally sign them. Most important actions can be performed through keyboard shortcuts so as to gain faster access.
This viewer has several modes to display content that even work with touch-enabled devices. You can choose the standard Read Mode to fit more content on the screen, or the Two-up Mode in case you want to view page spreads. Moreover, if you need secure PDF documents, then the Protected Mode will allow you to safeguard data from malicious elements and prevent access to unauthorized users. Also, its developer has thought of those people who may need extra facilities to use the software. That is why Adobe Reader XI includes some accessibility functionalities, such as a simple interface, a Read Out Loud mode or the possibility of changing the column reading order.
Once you download and install Adobe Reader XI, you will see it can open and view all types of PDF files no matter what their content: spreadsheets, geospatial maps, portfolios, standard documents, drawings, emails, and so on. This viewer provides a PDF annotator tool, which, thanks to its recent enhancements, allows you to add comments, sticky notes, stamps, lines, shapes and highlight text. You can look for certain words or phrases in more than one PDF at the same time. Its built-in search engine will look for words whether they are in the page content, bookmarks, annotations, metadata or form fields.
The PDF annotator tool allows you to add comments, sticky notes, stamps, lines, shapes and highlight text.
With just one click, Adobe Reader XI will allow you to access several online services to complement your PDF experience. You can choose free or paid options through your account. For example, with Adobe PDF Pack you can convert or merge different files into a single PDF that can be later supported by any reader. With Adobe ExportPDF, you will be able to perform the opposite: you will be able to turn your PDFs into editable Word or Excel documents, without changing formatting and style. Adobe EchoSign allows you to not only sign PDFs, but to send them to other people to sign as PDFs as well. Finally, with Adobe FormsCentral you can build your own forms, using predefined and professional templates, or design your own from scratch.
Adobe Reader XI XI 11.0.04 Features
The unique features of this viewer include:
- Open, view and read all types of content converted into PDF format: emails, spreadsheets, presentations, documents, CAD designs, portfolios, geospatial maps and so on
- PDF annotator’s functionality lets you annotate, add sticky notes, lines, stamps, shapes, and even highlight text
- Ability to search for an exact word or phrase in more than one PDF at the same time
- Keyboard shortcuts for the most used options, such as zoom, print or search
- Read Mode or Two-up Mode
- Access to online services, such as Adobe PDF Pack, Adobe ExportPDF or Adobe EchoSign
- Protected Mode allows you to safeguard data and prevent external or malicious users from accessing your content
- Ability to fill and sign PDF forms to send them by email later
- Accessibility functionalities include Read Out Loud mode or change column reading order
If you want to read more about this software before you download it, feel free to visit the developer’s site.
The minimum system requirements for the download and setup of Adobe Reader XI on your computer are:
- Operating System: Windows XP or better
- Processor: 1.3GHz or faster CPU
- RAM Memory: 256 MB
- HDD: 320 MB of free space available
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution