Ares is an open source P2P sharing application in which you can interchange your files with other users. But it is not only a BitTorrent client—Ares also includes some other online services that make it interesting for general users, such as the Internet radio Shoutcast support, or the free built-in player for audio and video.
The process for downloading a file is quite simple. The application brings you a quick-search field in which you can look for any kind of archive you want to get, and Ares will show all the available files on its server. Additionally, you can also open torrent content files in order to get exactly the content you want, to avoid fakes by using sources you are confident with.
Ares works automatically since it requires no configuration at all to successfully share your archives
Ares can work behind the firewalls you have set in order to protect your system. This allows the application to perform fast downloads without having to configure its network settings. In this sense, Ares works automatically, since it requires no configuration at all for successfully sharing your archives. In order to improve the speed rate, the application gets the files that are queued from several users at the same time, using different segments of the target archive. This allows it to not overload users’ connections, optimizing your resources.
In order to make it a recommendable program, the developers of Ares have included some free functions that enhance the users’ experience while using the application. This P2P utility includes a powerful file manager that allows you to organize the archives you acquire into different categories. In this way you can have your system folders ordered before finishing the download of a file.
Ares includes in addition a chat service, similar to IRC clients, in which you can get to know new people and ask them about their favorite music, movies and games. These chats are usually sorted by concrete themes or language, so if you want to discover more about the Internet you will be always welcome in these chat rooms.
Although Ares is a very simple application, it includes a multimedia player to instantly reproduce the content you get from the peer-to-peer network. This function is compatible with popular formats, both video and audio. In the same option, you can access streaming radio stations that use the Shoutcast service.
Ares 2.2.4 Features
Here you can find listed the main characteristics of Ares:
- Fast P2P decentralized sharing network for accessing any kind of digital content as long as users have it on their computers
- No need for further configuration , since it works behind your Internet firewall
- It includes chat rooms for getting into different groups according to your interests
- Built-in multimedia player for listening to music or watching videos you acquire, and playing online radio stations
- Ares is completely open-source, a feature that allows you to modify its features any way you like
- A great variety of skins are available to customize the application, adapting it to your likes
If you want to learn more about Ares, you can check its developers’ website through this link.
These are the requirements for installation of Ares on your system:
- Operating system: Windows 98 or later
- Processor: Pentium III or similar
- Memory: 128 MB RAM
- HDD: 6.5 MB free space on disk