Trainz: Railroad Simulator 2006 is a train PC sim in which you will control several types of trains in order to fulfill different objectives. This new edition adds new tracks and train models to its vast collection. The game allows the user to manage all kinds of content in order to enhance the playing experience with richer elements. This time, the map editor integrates full freedom to modify and create all kinds of environments for your trains.
The graphics of Trainz: Railroad Simulator 2006 may not present a great level of quality, but at least the technical aspect is not awful and offers good things like the trains’ details. You can watch the inner parts of the machines like the engine room. This title also has a new Content Manager or Content Downloader in which you can get new objects for your game in order to increase the fun. New tracks and new machines will be available thanks to this section.
How to use this game and how to start driving
This PC simulator mainly consists of three different parts: ‘Content Manager’ and ‘Content Downloader’, ‘Editor’ and ‘Driver’. The ‘Content Downloader’ section will allow you to get the items and scenarios you want for your performance, and with the ‘Content Manager’ you will be able to get them installed and integrated in the system.
Once that step is complete, you will have those elements available in the ‘Editor’, for you to create your own patterns and layouts of the trains and the different objects that appear in the game. However, if you like someone else’s layout you can download it and use it too. But keep in mind that maybe this user’s content was initially created for previous versions of the game and may not fit with yours. Finally, after the customization process, you are ready to start your driving experience with ‘Driver’
Trainz: Railroad Simulator 2006 Features
The unique features of Trainz: Railroad Simulator 2006 are the following:
- There are multiple levels of interaction for you to choose the one that best suits your game style
- Enhanced interface to display more information in the screen
- With ‘Passenger Observation’ you will be able to change the built-in camera in order to view the environment as if you were a passenger
- Support for animated turnouts to give a more realistic appearance
- ‘Surveyor Search Filter’ tool enhances user’s location of content
- Integrated tutorials will guide you in your first driving performances, teaching you how to drive steam trains, for example
- ‘Cab Control HUD’ allows you to control the train without needing to use the keyboard
- TrackIR support to improve the realistic feeling trancking the movements of your head and transforming them into camera movements
- With iTRAINZ you will enjoy an in-game messaging functionality to communicate with other players without external software
- ‘Paintshed’ tool offers templates to customize trains or create your own ones
- Trains will have schedules with tasks you have to complete
- Content Manager Plus and Content Creator Plus for enhancing the gaming experience with lots of new content
If you want to read further information about Trainz: Railroad Simulator 2006 before you download it, feel free to visit the developer's website .
Below you can find the minimum system requirements for the free download and setup of this program in your PC:
- Processor: Pentium IV 1.5GHz or equivalent
- Operating System: Windows XP or higher
- RAM: 512 MB
- Hard Disk Space: 4GB of free space
- Video Card: 64 MB 3D graphic card