Rail Simulator is a train simulator for PC in which players will feel like real machinists driving along thousands of kilometers of different environments.
Player's task is simple: transporting passengers to their destinations or moving merchandise from one place to another. The challenge in Rail Simulator is to manage this vehicle without risking people’s or load’s integrity and fulfilling schedules in order to get a good score.
This game has realistic graphics and sounds. In fact, the landscapes that players can see from the train are views from England.
Can be adapted to players’ preferences
The game provides three difficulty levels: easy, intermediate or expert mode. This allows players to take the most of the driving experience or relax and enjoy the views.
With Rail Simulator users can select different locomotives according to their energy source: diesel, vapor or electric.
They will be able to manage and drive the train using both the mouse and the keyboard. Besides, they can change the viewing angle placing the camera in different points.
Similar software users can download
If you enjoy driving trains but expect more realistic results of your performance, a good option is Trainz: Railroad Simulator 2006. It has 3D graphics and allows players to edit different routes and create geographical layouts according to their preferences.
Another good alternative if you want to drive buses instead of trains is European Bus Simulator 2012, set in an urban environment. The game starts at the bus station once you have selected your line.
Rail Simulator 2014 Features
These are the features of this PC game:
- Users can choose among diesel, steam or electric traction trains
- Characters animation
- Dynamic graphics with weather changes
- Real trains’ routes: York-Newcastle, Barstow-San Bernardino or Oxford-Paddington set in different periods of time
- Wide variety of train models: DB 294, ICE 3, BR Class 55 or Black five among others
- Customized content: new routes and tasks creation thanks to Scenario editor which can be shared with other players
- Three levels of difficulty: easy, intermediate or expert mode
- 15 scenarios to play with several missions
- Free-roam mode to travel with total freedom
If you want more info about this game, visit the author’s website .
With Rail Simulator players can experience the job of a machinist without moving from their house. It has quite realistic graphics and sounds and various playing modes.
Some functions are restricted
- Realistic landscapes
- Customizable scenarios
- High quality sounds
- Free Demo
- No help support
- Repetitive storyline