Spotify is one of the top musical platforms. It is an application to play music via streaming and through the transfer protocol Peer-to-Peer (P2P). This app was released into the market for the first time in 2008, and since then, it has expanded its services to more than 40 countries.
This program lets you listen, share, download, sync with a device or offer you free songs that will touch your heart. You can enjoy your favorite artist’s music or discover new talents through the recommendations the portal gives you. You can access its huge music database, which has over 10 million songs.
Enjoy hearing the best hits from famous groups or a single song of a local singer or group. The developers of this application have made multiple agreements with major international record companies, such as Sony Music, EMI Music, Universal Music Group, Merlin, The Orchard, Hollywood Recordsand Warner Music, and many other smaller or local companies.
How to use
Spotify is an application that you download and install to your PC, but it consumes few of your computer’s resources, as it streams. When you're invited or you have access to the program, you must create an account with a username and a password with which you will use to begin your session.
Your preferences and playlists will be saved to your account, and will work according to the Spotify mode you have chosen: Free, Open, Premium or Unlimited. Free and Open accounts are free and paid for by advertisements, which are sometimes played between songs. The Free version allows you to listen a limited number of minutes per month, and you can play songs a limited number of times. In addition, you will have to listen to commercials between some songs.
Spotify’s latest versions offer the option to sync the app with your iPod
The Open version works like the Free version, but lets you travel outside your country, and Spotify will continue to be accessible for 14 days. Unlimited and Premium modes don’t have international limits. The Unlimited version works like Free and Open modes, but without advertisements, without time limits or limited number of plays, and charges a monthly fee. Premium mode, in addition to benefits of the Unlimited mode, lets you hear new songs before their release, and its price is moderately higher than Ultimate mode.
Spotify 0.9.8.296 Features
Here are some of the features of this program:
- Spotify’s latest version is cross-platform, where you can listen to music anywhere, on any computer, and even on other devices
- Search and discover. Search your favorite music by artist, album, playlists of another user, etc. Uncover new artists and bands by listening to Spotify’s recommendations
- Create your music library with your own playlists, which can be classified according to moments and moods
- Follow and share. Follow, interact and share music with friends through Share Buttons and by connecting your Spotify account to your social networks
- It has a Radio service. Choose a song to play by clicking and dragging, and generate a playlist with similar music, or create a streaming radio station
- Reproduce your music via streaming or listen to it offline. Premium mode lets you play your music lists offline. Choose Available Offline option for the playlists you want, and it will be available offline for 30 days
- Spotify’s latest version offers the option of syncing the app with your iPod and update files stored on your computer. Spotify automatically imports music from your music folders and iTunes folder
If you want know more about this software, check the developer’s website
The minimum system requirements for installation are:
- Operating System: Windows XP or later
- RAM: 512 MB
- Others: Sound Card and Internet Connection with a bit rate of 384 kbps